Privacy & Cookies Policy
This Declaration governs the processing of your personal data by the data controller: European Non-GMO Industry Association AISBL, Rue du Monastère 10 – 12, 1000 Bruxelles, CBE number 751.800.478 (hereinafter "ENGA »).
Please read this Statement carefully. It contains essential information on the processing of your personal data and on the cookies used. By submitting your personal data on our website www.enga.org, by contacting us by e-mail or telephone you declare that you have read this Statement and expressly accept its contents.
ARTICLE 1 PERSONAL DATA
1. ENGA processes your personal data in the course of its activities.
- Cookies: If you use our website or application, the cookie settings are saved.
- Communication data: If you become a regular or supporting member of ENGA or if you call us, send us an e-mail or fill in the newsletter contact form, we may collect the following personal data: your first and last name, e-mail address and/or telephone number, as well as data that you provide yourself.
ARTICLE 2 PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
1. General purposes:
We only use your personal data for:
- Cookies: to maintain our website.
- Communication data: to be able to answer the question you have asked on the legal basis of your explicit and prior online consent and our legitimate interest in contacting you by telephone.
ARTICLE 3 TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES
- Under certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties:
- public authorities, courts and police forces on the basis of a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations
- our technical service providers (processors) for the hosting of our website, files and subject to processing agreements.
- If we cease our activities or transfer them to someone else, for example because we go bankrupt or change our activities, this could mean that your personal data will be transferred to third parties who will take over all or part of our activities. In this case, we will always inform you in advance, as far as possible, but you understand that this will not always be possible from a technical point of view.
ARTICLE 4 DURATION OF DATA RETENTION
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary, in accordance with the purposes of the processing and the legal requirements:
We will keep invoices for seven years.
We will keep contact details for two years.
We will keep newsletter registrations as long as the registration is not withdrawn.
ARTICLE 5 YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access your personal data and the way we use them at any time and free of charge. You have the right to ask us to correct, complete or delete your personal data. In a number of cases listed in the RGDP, you can also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data if you have legitimate and compelling reasons that go beyond our interest in processing your data. You have the right to ask for your personal data to be communicated to you in digital and readable form and/or to have them transmitted to another service provider of your choice. Insofar as our processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time.
You can exercise your rights by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to ENGA AISBL, Rue du Monastère 10-12, 1000 Bruxelles.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
Rue de la presse 35
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
If necessary, you can also apply to the civil court for damages.
ARTICLE 6 SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We have taken the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to guarantee the security of your personal data: staff awareness, SSL certificates.
Under no circumstances can we be held liable for any direct or indirect damage whatsoever resulting from the wrongful or illegal use of your personal data by third parties.
ARTICLE 7 COOKIES
The list of cookies below gives you an overview of the cookies that our website uses.
- Name: Session Cookie TYPO3 (fe_typo3_user)
Function: This cookie is placed by the TYPO3 CMS (Content Management System) to make it possible to uniquely identify users. It enables better operator navigation for the user, such as when saving search settings or data in forms.
Retention Period: is deleted after closing the browser
- Name: Cookie Banner (waconcookiemanagement)
Function: Consent Management Module
Retention Period: one year retention
A cookie is a small text file containing data that a website (when a user visits it) stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login details for a certain period. These cookies are first-party cookies set by us. Only our website can read them.
These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information but support the operation of our website. In most cases, these cookies are used only when you request a service, for example to save your privacy settings, log on to our website or fill in a form. You can set your browser to block these cookies or warn you about them, but the cookie banner will then keep popping up.
The first time you visit our website, you will be asked to accept or cookies. You can manage your choices at any time thereafter.
If you have any further questions or comments regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at info(at)enga(dot)org.
You can also find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
For more information on online behavioural advertising and online privacy, see: www.youronlinechoices.eu.