In Germany Three Quarter of Milk Non-GMO

The share of Non-GMO milk in the total volume produced in Germany has again risen sharply. Conventional "Ohne Gentechnik" (72 percent) and organic milk (4 percent) together account for 76 percent, or more than three quarters. The figures for 2020 were calculated by Agrarmarkt Informations-Gesellschaft (AMI) on behalf of VLOG.

"The development of 'non-GMO' milk is an enormous success story. From a niche product, it has almost become the general standard within only ten years. Three out of four litres of milk in Germany are GMO-free. The vast majority of milk packs are now labelled with the green 'Ohne GenTechnik' rhombus," comments VLOG Managing Director Alexander Hissting.